Trip to Mumbai
It is the most amazing trip to mumbai because it is cosmopolitian place where you get all kinds of things and a lot places to visit. No tension about the budget because there are a lot of ways you can reach one destination even when you are a budget in your travel to mumbai.
It is a place where get to see all categories of people, from the slum areas to the most famous bollywood stars. you have places to visit like:Gateway of India, Powai Lake, Elephanta Caves, Chhatrapati Shivai Terminus, Kahneri Caves, Powai Lake, Shri Siddhivinayak Mandir, Haji Ali
There are lot of things that you can eat and relish the authentic taste of BomBay with the variety of food - Vada Pav, Bhel Puri, Chikki, Juhu Pav Bhaji, Ragda Puri, Anna ki Idli-Wada, Mithibai ka Dosa.
For shopping there are a lot of places you go around but never miss out on the street shopping from:
1. Colaba Causeway
There are lot of thing you can get there along with the cafe and restaurants that are there in and around the area of Colaba. On review with the public, one can get all kinds of things you can think of during street shopping. There is Cafe Mondegar which is really good place to hangout and rest after the street shopping.
- Location: Colaba Causeway, South Mumbai
- Timing: Morning uptil Night
- Things you can buy: Handicrafts, Junk Jewellery, Crystals, Brass, Clothes.
2. Chor Bazaar
This is located in the heart of Mumbai's main muslim district. It was originally names as the SHOR BAZAAR (Noisy Market) during the British Rule. Eventually all the stolen good make their way in the Chor Bazaar and all those things are sold with a new name given to them, hence changing their identity.
- Location: Mutton Street, between S.V. Patel Road and Moulana Shaukat Ali Road, near Mohammad Ali Road.
- Timing: Daily 11:00 uptil 19:30
- Things you can buy: Antiques, bronze items, vintage items, treasure.
3. Zaveri Bazaar
Zaveri Bazaar is the street rich in the real jewellery with thousands of shops in the place. It is the oldest and the largest gold markets in India. Along with the real jewellery, there are a lot of shops that sell fak products in the market. There is variety of imitation jewellery also available in the market.
- Location: Between Crawford Market and Mumbadevi temple.
- Timing: Monday to Saturday - morning uptil night
- Things you can buy: Indian-style gold, platinum and diamond jewellery. Silver and imitation jewellery are also available.
4. Crawford Market
The old place converted to sell the imported products and the wholesale market where all things you can get from basic to all the decoration things you are thinking about. There is very less bargaining that goes on this but it all depends on the quantity. It is place to visit because one market in Mumbai where you can get all products in totality.
- Location: Lokmanya Tilak Marg, Dhobi Talao, Fort area, Marine Lines, south Mumbai. If in western line, it is near from marine lines station.
- Timing: Daily from morning until night and sunday mornings.
- Things you can buy: Fruits, vegetables, spices, food, flowers, birds, fish, cosmetics, imitation jewellery and other pets.
5. C.P. Tank
C.P. Tank - Cawasji Patel Tank, is located in South Mumbai, few lanes from crawford market. This market is famous for its wide range of bangles of shapes and sizes. There are different kinds of material that are kept for selling.
- Location: Bhuleshwar Road, South Mumbai.
- Timing: Daily from morning until night, except Sundays.
- Things you can buy: Bangles and imitation jewellery.
6. Linking Road
Linking road is the most famous place where you all kinds of latest and trending variety of things of daily use. There are fastfood centers around along with the local street food available at corner of the street.
- Location: Linking Road, Bandra West.
- Timing: Daily from 10:00 uptil 22:00
- Things you can buy: Clothes, shoes, bags, belts, fashion accessories, cosmetics.
Apart from shopping, there are a variety of things that can be done in Mumbai. It has really beautiful beaches, pubs, clubs, restaurants, high-end brands, etc. Proper place and proper destination awareness can take you around Mumbai to fall in love with the city. The accesability to any place might take you time but there are a bundle of ways to reach to a destination when planned with time effectiveness. But the best way of transport is via local trains if you have to skip stations in less time. Plan your trip to place with the trsvel time, traffic time, mode of transport, budget, things you can buy, timings of the place and the time you will take to reach back. I know these are a lot of things but if you do this you can reach approximately on the same time you planned and can do many things in a day around Mumbai.